Since 2003, Valuation Expo has built its reputation as the premier event for valuation professionals. Chock-full of networking opportunities and educational value, the East Coast appraisal conference that everyone is talking about promises information, connection, fun, and more — including a glimpse into the future of appraisals by the people envisioning and building new technologies.
HouseCanary is a proud sponsor of the event, which will be held in Charleston, South Carolina, at the Charleston Convetion Center, beginning 3/20.
HouseCanary VP of Valuation Operations, David DeMello, will be moderating a session, “Modernizing the Appraisal Process,” at Valuation Expo the day it launches (Tuesday, 3/20). The session brings together several thought leaders to discuss and share how they intend to thrive in the current regulatory structure while complying with Dodd-Frank.
The folks hosting Valuation Expo focus their time and energy to ensure all attendees get the most informative agenda, delivered by the best and brightest in the industry. You’ll absorb information to grow and develop your professional life to the next level, while networking within the industry’s largest gathering of real estate professionals.
- 3/19 – 4:00pm to 6:30pm – Trade Show Opening Reception
- 3/20 – 1:30pm to 5:00pm – “Modernizing the Appraisal Process” (Continuing Education Session)
During the “Modernizing the Appraisal Process” session, these thought leaders will address various topics:
- Paul Chandler will cover appraiser independence, touching on what has worked and what hasn’t, as well as what change needs to take place in order to ensure independence – the cornerstone of the appraisal process.
- Jeff Bradford will discuss what technologies are available today to make appraisers better … not to replace them (as some are predicting).
- To close the session, Lee Trice will share a plan from the Collateral Risk Network, which has been developed to encompass a complete regulatory overhaul of the system.
We’re looking forward to joining you in Charleston. For both AMCs and appraisers, connect with HouseCanary at Val Expo to learn more about delivering clients the most advanced desktop appraisals in the industry.